Supply Chain Management
Penn West strives to achieve operational excellence and to establish and maintain quality relationships with all of our stakeholders, including our contractors, through our focus on social, environmental, safety and regulatory responsibility. We are committed to working with safe, competent and efficient contractors throughout our operating areas and are dedicated to the principles of fairness and respect in our contractor relationships. We are also committed to supporting local communities in our areas of operation through a variety of mechanisms including local employment, community relations and outreach, partnerships in the development of skills and competence and contracting with local contractors whenever feasible.
Supply Chain Management’s Role:
Management of Penn West’s contractor relationships is the responsibility of our Supply Chain Management group, which has the following core responsibilities:
- Ensuring that Penn West’s contractors have met or exceeded Penn West’s contractor qualification requirements, including our expectations for safety and quality.
- Assisting Penn West business groups to define performance expectations, select contractors who meet those performance expectations, and audit such performance.
- Ensuring that Penn West obtain the best possible value for "total cost of ownership" when purchasing goods and/or services.
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Aboriginal Contractor Relations
- Invoicing Information
- Contractor Information
- Health and Safety Information for Contractors
- Whistle Blower Process
Any Penn West employee, contractor, vendor or subcontractor who believes they have information on behaviour that does not comply with the Code is encouraged to use the Whistle Blower process.
Code of Business Conduct and Ethics:
Penn West aims to conduct its business and commercial relations based on clear understanding, mutual respect, trust and integrity as outlined in Penn West’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the “Code”). We require our contractors and subcontractors to promote behaviour consistent with our Code when performing services for the benefit of Penn West, and a formal commitment to such effect may be requested by Supply Chain Management as part of the contractor qualification process.
Of significance to our contractors, and without limiting the importance of any of its other provisions, is the Code’s restriction of the permissibility of our representatives to give or accept gifts. Please review our Guidelines Regarding Acceptance of Gift or Entertainment for more information.